NEW DELHI: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announced relief package (compensation) for victims of Northeast Delhi violence.
Kejriwal announced Rs 10 lakh for kin of deceased and Rs 5 lakh for those who lost homes in the violence.
In addition, owners of the house where tenants lost their belongings will be given Rs 4 lakh.
Kejriwal’s relief package also states that if a person has lost an animal in the violence, they will be given Rs 5,000 for every animal they have lost.
For the ones who have lost their rickshaws will be given Rs 25,000 and if it’s an e-rickshaws then they will be given Rs 50,000.
Arvind Kejriwal added that under Delhi government’s Farishte scheme medical bills of those injured in the violence will be reimbursement by state govt.
पीड़ित परिवारों की सहायता के लिए दिल्ली सरकार ने राहत की योजना बनाई है। मुझे आप सब के साथ और विश्वास की उम्मीद है। pic.twitter.com/xZo4glgPtF— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) February 27, 2020
HERE THE RELIEF PACKAGE :
- Rs 10 lakh to family members of those who died.
- Rs 5 lakh to family members of minors who have died.
- Rs 5 lakh to those who have been permanently disabled.
- Rs 2 lakh to those who were severely injured.
- Rs 20,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.
- Rs 3 lakh to those who have been orphaned.
- Rs 5,000 per animal for loss of animals.
- Rs 25,000 for damages to the rickshaw.
- Rs 50,000 for damages to e-rickshaw.
- Rs 5 lakh if someone’s house is completely burnt down.
- Rs 1 lakh to tenant and Rs 4 lakh to the house owner.
- Rs 2.5 lakh to those whose houses have sustained substantial damages but not burnt down completely.
- Rs 5 lakh to those whose shops have been gutted.
- Rs 25,000 immediate relief to those whose homes have been totally destroyed.