What is AVOCADO?
The Avocado tree of the Lauraceae family is native to America and is cultivated from Ecuador to the Mediterranean climate.
The fruit is a drupe, greenish and thin skin whose taste reminiscent of walnut, has a very oily pulp, commonly used as food.
11 reasons why you should eat more avocados
- Helps prevent bad breath
- Helps to keep eyes healthy
- Beneficial for maintaining healthy skin
- Protects liver from damage and ailments
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Lowers risk of prostate and breast cancer
- Aids in digestion and weight management
- Rich in antiaging and antioxidant properties
- Helps treat vitamin K deficiency-related bleeding
- Reduces inflammation in tissues, muscles and joints
- Helps to overcome nausea and morning sickness during pregnancy
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADO
Monounsaturated Fat: Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat.
Unlike other fats, this type of fat raises levels of good HDL-cholesterol and lowers harmful triglycerides without raising harmful LDL cholesterol levels.
Fiber: Avocados are high in fiber, particularly soluble fiber, which promotes regularity, helps regulate the body’s use of sugars, and lowers blood cholesterol levels.
Vitamins: Avocados are a good source of many vitamins such as B vitamins and folic acid.
Minerals: Gram for gram, avocados provide more potassium than bananas. Potassium is critical for nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and heart function. Avocados also provide a fair amount of magnesium, which your body needs to metabolize carbohydrates and fats.
ALSO READ: AMAZING BENEFITS OF AVOCADO – For Skin, Hair, & Health
AVOCADOS ALSO CONTAIN
LUTEIN, a carotenoid, which is thought to help protect against eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
BETA-SITOSTEROL: (a plant sterol), which is currently being studied for its ability to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Global Punjab TV does not claim responsibility for this information.