Karela Health Benefits: Bitter melon is also known as bitter gourd or karela (in India). Karela or bitter melon is a unique vegetable-fruit that can be used as food as well as medicine.
Although, Karela or bitter melon is bitter, but it has a multitude of health benefits.
• Lowers Cholesterol
• Boost the Immune System
• Reduce Cancer Risk
• Helps With Weight Loss
• Kills Intestinal Worms
• Get Rid of Hangover
• Liver Regeneration
• Prevents Respiratory Disorders
• Manage Blood Sugar Levels
• Cures Insulin Resistance
• Relieves Indigestion
• Prevents Constipation
• Beneficial in Diabetes
• Increases cellular uptake of glucose
• Reduces incidences of and and pimples
• Reduces fever and improves glycemic control
• Improves female fertility due to PCOS
• Improves male sexual function
• Bitter to taste
• Easy to digest
• Absorbs water during digestion
How To Use Bitter Gourd or Karela
You can use use Karela in salad, make a juice and can even be used in infused water.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Global Punjab TV does not claim responsibility for this information.