Cardamom is a spice made from the seeds of several plants with an intense, slightly sweet flavour.
The spice is native to India, Bhutan, Nepal, and Indonesia and is available worldwide today and used in both sweet and savoury recipes.
Popularly known as “Elaichi” in Hindi, cardamom is one of the most expensive spices by weight in the world.
Nutrients Dietary: fiber 112% Carbohydrate 23% Protein 22% Calories 16%
Vitamins: Vitamin C 35% Thiamin 13% Vitamin B6 11% Riboflavin 11%
Minerals: Manganese 1400% Iron 78% Magnesium 57% Zinc 50%
- Helps to improve cardiovascular health
- Helps to cure stomach disorders
- Aids in controlling cholesterol levels
- Provides relief from sore throat and hiccups
- An effective remedy for curing urinary tract diseases such as cystitis, nephritis and gonorrhoea
- Helps to prevent colorectal cancer
- Rich in anti-depressant and anti-spasmodic properties
- Aids in improving blood circulation
- Effective in curing asthma and other respiratory diseases
- A good remedy for nausea and vomiting
- Inhibits growth and spread of microbes that cause food poisoning
Other Use: Cardamom pods and seeds can be chewed as a breath freshener.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Global Punjab TV does not claim responsibility for this information.