When you’re trying to lose weight on a special eating plan you can have deficiencies that occur due to rapid weight loss. The loss of water can also cause electrolyte loss.
Here are the 4 Main Electrolytes and their symptoms, debugged.
1. LOW CALCIUM
• Cramp in leg or feet • Irritability and twitching • Chronic cough or depression • Can’t sleep
• Eat dairy • If you take calcium supplements, take K2 and D3, so it can absorb • Never take calcium carbonate
2. LOW MAGNESIUM
• Weak muscles • Hyper-irritability
• Eat leafy greens • Take a magnesium supplement
3. LOW POTASSIUM
• Fatigue • Cramps • Constipation • Nausea • Sugar cravings
• Eat potassium rich veggies • Take potassium supplement K3
4. LOW SODIUM
• Headache • Fatigue • Appetite loss • Nausea • Fuzzy thinking
• Add sea salt, just 1 or 1½ tsp
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Global Punjab TV does not claim responsibility for this information.