Your lifestyle affects your overall health. Minor day to day activities like how much you move in a day leave an impact on your mental and physical health in more than one way. A sedentary lifestyle not only leads to weight gain but also leaves a negative effect on your mental health.
Mental health has a massive impact on your life, affecting how you think and act, how you make decisions, the relationships you have, as well as how you deal with the stresses in life.
Here are some Lifestyle changes for better mood and mental health:
- Regular exercising has been associated with mental, social and medical benefits. Physical activity has preventive and therapeutic mental health benefits. It has a positive impact on brain functions as well.
- Exercise also leads to an increase in levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and other growth factors that enhance cognitive functions and shields against depression.
- The food you eat is associated with your mood, behavior and cognition.
- Supplementation offers valuable prophylactic and therapeutic benefits for mental health.
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol and quit smoking. These unhealthy habits play a significant role in deteriorating your mental health.
- Today’s fast-paced life also contributes to a lot of stress which is more harmful than you think. Try stress management strategies for a healthy mind and body.
- Focus on activities you love. These will have you reduce stress and leave a relaxing effect on your brain.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Global Punjab TV does not claim responsibility for this information.